Monday, August 11, 2008

Olympics - China's coming out party

I am sure most of you watched the Olympics this weekend and were as impressed as I was by the opening ceremony. I was amazed by the scale of the event like no other. From my standpoint it was the message that China was sending to its people as well as the world; with teamwork we can accomplish anything and we will!
China's greatest resource is its people. Over a Billion strong. If the people of China continue to work as a united group it is going to accomplish things as a country that the US can not even imagine.

Human resources (good people) are a better asset to have then natural resources like (oil, productive farms, etc) because good people working together will create amazing and powerful things.

I was especially impressed by the one act in the opening ceremony where there were thousands of boxes moving up and down to symbolize the creation of the mountains. What was incredible to me was seeing at the end that it was not a mechanical computerized system creating this image, but instead it was completely driven by thousands of people. That is teamwork!

The analogy I see with our company is that we have so many good people and as long as we work together as a team we can and will move mountains.

Thanks for making it happen.
Nick

No comments: