Monday, November 30, 2009

It’s All About Attitude

In the beginning of 2009 I had a bad attitude.  I actually believed the financial markets/real estate markets were going to fail and create chaos in the world. As of today, I don't think the economic data looks any rosier.

What is different on November 30th 2009? My attitude and the company's attitude have changed. That change in attitude is the only reason why the US economy seems better.  We stopped worrying and started fixing things.   Our company has dealt with many challenging issues in 2009 and will, in my estimate, be dealing with even stronger headwinds in 2010. Our positive energy and a "can do attitude" is the difference between success and failure in the "great recession".

As many readers know, Signature Community started a process earlier this quarter to significantly reduce expenses and streamline operations.  We solicited ideas from all levels of the organization, formed teams to research and execute on those ideas. We are now finishing up our research phase of this initiative and from what I have seen; the results are going to be amazing.  The results I am talking about are not just accomplishing our goal of $100,000/month savings, I am most impressed by the can do/make it happen attitude of all the team members.  We have members that span all ages, experience, background, geographic and income diversity.  We created groups that now can work together toward one common goal, of making Signature Community, our Signature Community, a great brand!

I thank all the team members for their dedication and look forward to the upcoming presentations.   I know that with a "can do/make it happen" attitude, Signature Community is going to thrive in 2010 and beyond.

 

Thanks for making it happen.
Nick

No comments: