Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Pushing your limits

Pushing your limits

Last week I spent the day being treated like a grunt. I was yelled at,
verbally abused, called a sissy, and told to leave but I pushed on with one
of the hardest mental/physical challenges of my life. I was a Navy Seal
trainee for a day. 

The Navy Seals are one of the most effective military units in the world
because they push their people well beyond their limits. The challenges,
although seemingly only physical, were mainly mental in nature. If
someone told me that I would do 500 pushups in one day I would have
laughed at them, but in the end that's what I was able to do.

At Signature Community I see my job as head drill sergeant. My job is
to push the limits of our team members to do things they never thought
possible. Sometimes it works amazingly well like in Kansas City where
Matt Gietzen is now managing more than 400 units at occupancy rates
well above the competition and in Indianapolis where Samantha Skrobot started
working in our office a year ago to help pay her rent and is now overseeing our
national leasing efforts. Thank you Samantha for not giving up when you
were getting calls every night at 3am to handle heat emergencies. (The
Navy Seal training program, as well as the Signature training programs,
understand the importance of using sleep deprivation as a training tool.)

Unfortunately, in a training program like this we can't please everyone.
In many cases people cannot handle the pressure or the uncomfortable
environment created by this push for excellence, and they are forced
to drop out. It happens. We as a team must move on without them,
knowing that we will always be finding team members willing to attempt the
challenge but only the few will succeed.

Thanks to all of you at Signature Community for making us the preeminent
team in the real estate business. The practice and training (and even
sleep deprivation) will payoff.
--
Nickolas Jekogian
CEO
Signature Community
917-763-3500
www.ASignatureCommunity.com
Blog -http://www.nwjceommm.blogspot.com/

"Si3" Signature: Ideas, Innovation, Implementation!
Send ideas to: ideas@asignaturecommunity.com




No comments: