Tuesday, March 2, 2010

Out of my comfort zone

I hate roller coasters and have hated them since I was 7 years old. At amusement parks, my family would go on the big roller coasters and I would watch from the safety of the merry go round. 

The irony is that every day I ask people to do something they feel is tough and outside their comfort zone.  I ask managers to be sales people, maintenance techs to be customer service agents, banks to be distressed debt buyers, smokers to stop smoking, worriers to stop worrying and risk-takers to be conservative.  My idea of Signature Community and my life in general is that you have to keep pushing the envelope if you want to be better. Life is truly lived when you are outside your comfort zones. 

Back to roller coasters. As everyone has probably seen this past week in Olympic coverage the wildest ride in Canada right now is the Olympic bobsled run. So what better way to get me out of my comfort zone than to jump into a sled going down a mountain at 60 mph.  I did it. And loved it. 

I did what I ask you to do everyday. Get out of your comfort zone and make things happen. For the company, for your family, for you personally.  Go take risk, get in trouble, have fun. It will change your life. 

Please share your stories of doing something outside your comfort zone.  

Thanks for making it happen at Signature Community. 

Attach is a video of a bobsled run and photo of us at finish.  Thanks.


No comments: