Thursday, December 20, 2012

Back to Lagos

Back to Lagos
After lunch, I grabbed a ride with Tumi to Lagos.  Upon leaving the university, I realize that Monday is very different from Sunday.  The streets are packed with people.  They are everywhere.  It is crazy.  By 4 p.m. we arrived at the Lagos mainland and visited with Tumi’s mother-in-law.  I was scheduled to get together with a fellow YPOer the following day, so I secured a room at the Federal Hotel across the street from his office.  It was nice and quiet there with lots of security including guards with machine guns and physical barricades.  The steak dinner was no better than any of the other meals I have had to date, and my shower the following morning in cold brown water was not refreshing.  Upon checking out I told the staff how disappointing my stay was, and they just kept saying “Thank you.”  The only plus was that I had excellent internet service.

No comments: